(5) Managing Your Expenses
CELEBRATORS… Heading into Week #5 of our BALANCE Series this weekend! Over the last couple weeks we’ve talked about a few CONSTANT CORRECTIONS that we have to take with bringing BALANCE with our FINANCES… 1. DEBT 2. What do we do with our “EXTRA”? and this week will be talking about… 3. SPENDING! We have an incredible Guest Speaker this weekend – RANDY DEAL – who will be sharing with us about this particular CONSTANT CORRECTION! Trust me… You don’t wanna miss this one!
Below is a sneak-peak into a few of the ideas for Week #5 (Managing Your Expenses)…
DISCONTENTMENT… The DISSATISFACTION I HAVE with WHAT I HAVE!
AWARENESS… not NEED… fuels DISCONTENTMENT!
Our APPETITE is NEVER FULLY and FINALLY SATISFIED!
The ONLY way to CURB an APPETITE is to DEPRIVE it!
1 Timothy 6:6-11, 18-19… Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.
GREAT GAIN is GODLINESS with CONTENTMENT!
DISCONTENTMENT is DESTRUCTIVE!
In your PURSUIT of DOING GOOD - you WILL become MORE AWARE of what OTHERS REALLY NEED - and LESS AWARE of what YOU THINK YOU NEED! (That is TRULY LIFE!)
The LESS I HAVE... the MORE CONTENT I am!
Don’t BUY THE LIE of… MORE!
1. What creates DISCONTENTMENT in us?
2. How can we become LESS AWARE of what WE DON’T HAVE?
3. What can we do - THIS WEEK - to become MORE AWARE of what OTHERS DON’T HAVE?
4. What should we become MORE DISCONTENT about?!
See You Sunday… Celebrators!!
(Sat) Sequoia Pathways – 5P
(Sun) MHS Performing Arts Center – 9A
ONE MORE THING - Keep those 2013 COC “SUN STAND STILL PRAYERS” going…
1. COC NEW WORSHIP SERVICES! (Sundays / 9a and Saturdays / 5p) – GOING GREAT!
2. 500+ SALVATIONS! – OVER 20 for the Year!
3. PowerPackCopa.com – Don’t Miss The OPPORTUNITY to INVEST in this MINISTRY!
4. 25 DNA Small Groups! – Last year we ended with 11 Active Groups – we now have 23 ACTIVE GROUPS!
5. Increased GENEROSITY! (Time/Talents/Treasures) – This one is UP TO YOU (…and GOD)!
6. A Place To Call HOME! (LAND) – No Update at this time! (Something may be COOKING though…!?)